70 Comments

1234
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

I am creating this loader in Eclipse (Kepler).

The mod loader loads mods in the JavaScript programming language, for mod info see https://code.google.com/p/minijoe

for mod file info, see my comment on this issue: https://github.com/simon816/ComcraftModLoader/issues/1.
Better documentation will be available in the future
Nikola Pavlica Nikola Pavlica

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

I did make a mod.So where do i put it!
(its not a big mod to upload because I just made a mod using
background.setcolor...)
(to make the sky color change so I make sure it works)
Great job making the mod  actually!
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

See my comment here https://github.com/simon816/ComcraftModLoader/issues/1
But currently the only thing implemented is chunk generation (see this for example https://github.com/simon816/ComcraftModLoader/blob/master/examples/Random%20Stuff%20Mod.cmod.js)
At the moment I am working on the core mod loading, it is not easy in j2me due to the lack of a class loader but I will keep skycolor in mind when adding API methods.
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

New mod editor IDE in development! Here's a sneak preview:
Nikola Pavlica Nikola Pavlica

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

Buggy please fix!

If you want to know the information about my computer.Here:
Windows 7(OS)
RAM: 1.5gb
CPU: 1.8GHz
and I´m using jre7 (for emulating java)
and the final!
I this app has connectivity with jdk i have 1.7.0 (for coding stuff)
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

I am aware of scaling issues, the new version (see screenshot) works on any size screen. I hope to release it shortly (tomorrow/Friday)
Nikola Pavlica Nikola Pavlica

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

It was on normal screen I did not re-size the screen.It worked normally and when it loaded the mod (open source) it somehow glitched then I took a screenshot using PrintScreen button and CTRL button.
Then I made the screenshot smaller and edit it to show you where is the bug,because my screen is (FULL HD)
(1920x1080).If I did upload the image at this resolution It will not fit in this forum.
Please fix!
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

New Mod Developer IDE comming out later today, a few bugs to fix then will be uploaded to github
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

New Editor Pushed to GitHub. https://github.com/simon816/ComcraftModLoader/tree/master/tools
"ModEditor.jar"
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

Documentation in progress https://github.com/simon816/ComcraftModLoader/wiki
check it out!
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

I have made some pages on my site for this now http://simon816.hostzi.com/dev/ComcraftML/
MassimoS MassimoS

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

EventHandler.bindEvent('Game.Command',function(command)){
          if Console.log("The command '"+command+"' was entered")
          EventHandler.bindEvent('Render.Init', function(background))
          background.setColor(0x000000)
})
What is wrong?
Error in '{', but which ones?
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

2 Errors. First there is an 'if' without proper syntax either remove the 'if' or properly test for a condition i.e
if (condition) { do_something }
Also Console.log is a void function so cannot be used in an 'if'
And the second error is that you declared a function without a body
function(background)
Should be
function(background) { do_something }
MassimoS MassimoS

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

 I do not know J2Me, do you think the survival mode? I really want this mod. By the way and you can not create your own mod with the change of day and night (I do not know how)
MassimoS MassimoS

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

EventHandler.bindEvent('Game.Command',function(command)){
            if  Console.log("The command '"+command+"' was entered")
          EventHandler.bindEvent('Render.Init', function(background){background.setColor(0x000128255)})
          background.setColor(0x000000)
})
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

Better, you still have an invalid 'if' I see you're setting the background color but using decimal, not hex. I recommend learning some basic javascript code first but I believe you are trying to achieve 0x0080FF. 12810 = 8016 and 25510 = FF16 And survival mode will be difficult and was not the original intention of my mod but as the APIs become better and more capable similar survival behaviour may be achieved.
MassimoS MassimoS

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

What do you want to do? If not survival .. You could do the Mod Loader, for it thank you very much
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

The mod loader was written mainly because I could see difficulties if someone wanted to have more than one mod at a time. But I could try to make the API's possible to make a survival mode but that won't be any time soon.
MassimoS MassimoS

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

Is it possible to create a mod for multiplayer?, Create it will be better than Minecraft =)!!! ..
simon816 simon816

Re: [WIP] Comcraft Mod Loader

That would be a very difficult challenge. Provided player's phones have WiFi then the networking would be capable (bluetooth might be too slow I don't know). But constantly updating the models of other players as well as a constant stream to a server would put a lot of demand on a phone. It needs a lot of ram and CPU power. For me my difficulty would be redrawing players that are not aligned to a grid, the game code uses J2ME 3D API where the player is the 'camera' and is browsing the rendered environment while not being renderable themself
1234